Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Intricate Ways of God

I had a most interesting glimpse into God's intricate ways yesterday.
I spoke at a Thanksgiving dinner for international students in the Waterloo area. After the talk several of the students wanted to speak with me and I noticed a man in about his late 20s waiting to speak to me as well. He waited patiently and what he told me blew me away. He is an Iranian student who was working on his PhD in Belgium last year. He was downloading some files from the internet and somehow got a 5 minute clip of one of my radio shows that were recorded and sitting on the radio program web site. He said I was talking about Jesus and the people who were coming to visit him. Next he said that he really liked my voice and clear English pronunciation, so he listened to that 5 minute clip over and over and over and used it to practice his own English.
He said that my voice was immediately familiar to him as I started to speak at the dinner and that he placed me as the voice in that recording by the time I was in my second sentence. He further noted how strange that he should be studying English pronunciation from a non-native English speaker.
I was a little stunned afer that meeting. What are the odds that an Iranian man would listen to a Canadian bible radio program in Belgium and then run into that radio voice at a Thanksgiving dinner?
Secondly, who knows how far our service to God reaches? We rarely get to see the trickle effect of our ministry in the way that I saw it yesterday.

So, keep on keeping on for the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous story, Ingrid. This young man may not know it yet, but he is well on his way to becoming a Christ-follower (if he isn't one already)!

    ReplyDelete