Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why a blog

I have managed to ignore and avoid blogging quite successfully thus far. I don't mind commenting on the odd blog post by a traveling friend, but that about covers my level of interest in blogs.
Oh sure, I felt the pressure to keep up with the right blogs, I just could not figure out how to squeeze more reading into my week. Plus, I have found that most of the blogs that did read were not worth the time or eye fatigue.
But lately the pressure to start my own blog has been mounting. Even two of my seminary profs (I will not name names, I deeply respect them), who are...hmm...how can I put this kindly...I will go with "late adopters". Anyway, even they have been convincing me of the value of blogging.
So, I am biting the bullet, very reluctantly. As most bloggers I probably don't have a whole lot to say that's worth reading. What's more I have very little time to respond to comments, so if anyone ever should respond and not hear back from me, it is not personal, really.
But who knows, God is able to take our meager contributions and turn them into something wonderful. He take a couple of small fish and buns and feed thousands.
So, with the Lord's help, here we go abloggin' :)

1 comment: